Hawai`i Chamber of Commerce of Northern California (HCCNC) is offering their annual scholarships for 2017.
Be a kama`aina, defined by meeting any of the following criteria: was born in Hawai`i, was a resident of Hawai`i for a minimum of five years, or has a parent that has lived in Hawai`i for a minimum of 20 years.
Applications, which require a written essay describing each applicant's strengths and how their education will benefit the Hawai`i community, are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Be a United States citizen, or permanent resident.
- Have a high school diploma (or its equivalent).
- Be enrolled full-time or half-time, or accepted, as a student in any accredited two- or four-year San Francisco Bay Area degree-granting institution of higher education.
- Satisfactorily meet the HCCNC program’s academic requirements: a minimum grade point average, on the 4.0 scale, of 2.5 for undergraduates and 3.0 for graduate students.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Involvement in the community
- Clarity of direction and goals
- Academic achievement
- Letters of recommendation
Students can apply electronically on-line.
All materials for the 2017 HCCNC Scholarship must be submitted on the website by Friday APRIL 7, 2017. HCCNC hopes to reply to all who applied by April 16th.
If any counselors or students have any questions regarding this program, please email HCCNC directly at email@example.com